- Lodgement of your application for First Home Grant Scheme (if applicable)
- Requests for requisitions on title from the vendor
- Attend to stamping of contract and transfer
- The mortgagee (bank) will require its mortgage documentation signed by you and advise us of its list of requirements
- Comply with the mortgagee’s list of requirements
- Arrange a date, time and place for settlement
- Calculate settlement figures
- Liaise with mortgagee (bank) and vendor’s solicitors as to settlement and monies payable to complete the purchase
- Prepare for attending on settlement and make sure all documentation and funds required to complete the purchase are in order and attend to other ancillary matters not listed above.
Have you notified everyone of your change of address? Use the checklist below:
- Banks, Credit Union, or other credit providers
- Superannuation fund
- Roads and Traffic Authority
- Australian Electoral Commission
- Medicare and health fund
- Club or sporting body
- Family and Friends
It is always best to check with your mortgagee in about a one month’s time to make sure the title has been recorded into your name/s and that the title deed is being held by the mortgagee in safe custody.
If you are unable to get an answer from your mortgagee, please do not hesitate to contact our office and we will follow it up for you.